This is United Cutlery’s official reproduction of Gimli’s Battle Axe from Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
In the films the Dwarf Gimli uses the axe to cut down countless orcs, goblins, wargs and trolls as he defends Frodo and the rest of the Fellowship of the Ring.
- Life size replica based on the actual prop used in The Lord of the Rings.
- United Cutlery model UC1397ABNB.
- Overall length is 37 3/4 inches long
- Axe head length measures 11 1/2 inch (each)
- Axe head thickness measures 3/8″ (each)
- The axe head is made of forged tool steel by United Cutlery.
- Blade is weathered with a distressed finish and is false edged
- Features a solid wood handle wrapped with a genuine leather grip, cast metal parts and antiqued brass plated finish
- Includes a parchment certificate of authenticity
- Includes a wood display plaque with a silk-screened design (measures 7-1/2″ x 10-3/8″ x 3/4″)
- Blade does not need to be oiled – it will not rust.
Watch a video (not of the actual axe for sale but good for demonstration purposes) and see Gimli wield it in clips from the films:
This battle axe is a popular prop replica that is out of stock at most places and becoming increasingly difficult to find. At the time of writing this post only one is available for sale on Ebay via auction. Snap it up if you can via the link below: